The Horror of Finals Week

The horror of finals week is here and my head wants to explode. As a grad student, finals week means something slightly different to me than it does to other college students. Instead of terrifying scan trons and multiple choice tests, I get to write 15-20 page seminar papers on literature.

Said paper is due tonight by midnight and is a reading of RLS's Jekyll and Hyde using trauma theory, (Caruth) so fun. In addition, I have an oral exam covering all things critical theory on Friday. From Bakhtin to Butler, I'll have the run the gauntlet and show off my mad academic skills to my professor.

But I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I graduate with my masters on December 18th. I'm looking forward to it, but I haven't figured out how to put my masters hood on yet. I feel like a cat who got caught up in a giant ball of yarn.

So, in short, you might catch fewer glimpses of me around here than usual. No worries, next week I'll be writing with my usual frequency in between grading several giant stacks of research papers, portfolios, formal projects and team reports. Joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Now This: Pruitt Taylor Vince Creeps Me Out

Zombieland Trailer Censors Undead Boobs

Life Lessons I Learned from Watching Clash of the Titans